Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Mold can quickly grow and spread throughout your home or business. Mold doesn't need much to grow, as long as there is a source of water, mold can grow on almost any surface. If your home has recently suffered from a water damage event or if you suspect you might have a hidden mold problem, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of Oakville/Mehlville team a call! We are the leading mold remediation specialists in the area and we offer our services to any size home or business.
Down below you will learn more about what to do and what not to do after discovering a mold infestation!
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (314) 846-0600
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Oakville / Mehlville for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Oakville / Mehlville has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- White House
- Bella Villa