If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (314) 846-0600

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

White House Mold Damage

This utility closet collected sufficient moisture from a faulty duct vent and an old and leaky water heater to promote mold proliferation. We removed the wall material, cleaned the deck, sprayed an anti-fungal and anti-microbial product and then replaced the filters. These contaminated building materials were discarded according to local code after they were packed in garbage bags. A plumber installed the new water heater after we had closed up the wall. We also sprayed under the crawl space as an additional step to inhibit the possible growth of new mold from dormant mold spores. We suggest to the owner to replace the closet door with a slatted one to help increase circulation and keep out moisture.